Apply for a state business license
Opening a business? Making changes to an existing business? You'll probably need to file a Business License Application.
When to file an application
If your business structure will be one of the following, you must file with the Washington Secretary of State before filing the Business License Application:
- Washington (Domestic) Corporation
- Washington (Domestic) Partnership
- Washington (Domestic) Liability Company
- Washington (Domestic) Limited Liability Partnership
Apply online- Processed within 10 business days
- Log in to My DOR. If you don’t have a user ID, click Sign up.
- After you log in, click Get Started next to Business Licensing.
- Click File New Business License Application in the I want to ...menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application.
You can pay using an E-check (no fee) or a major credit card (2.5 percent processing fee).
Apply by mail - Processed within six weeks
- Complete theBusiness License Application and any supplemental forms. To find out which supplemental forms you'll need, see the Business Licensing Wizard.
- Mail your completed application, supplemental forms, and payment for fees to the address on the form.