City of Sultan license
Who needs a license?
The City of Sultan requires all businesses located within the city limits, or who conduct business within the city limits to be licensed with the city. City approval is required for initial issuance.
Businesses exempt from city licensure include:
- Nonprofit organizations.
- Businesses operated by a minor with no employees.
- Washington State farmers selling produce grown on their own land.
- Delivery of goods or services purchased outside the city.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with any federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Conduct of the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare, or safety.
- Fraud, false representation, or suppression of material fact.
How to apply
|Sultan general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Sultan