City of Richland license
Who needs a license?
Richland requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don't know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (509) 942-1104 before applying.
See fees below or Richland License Category Sheet for costs.
*There are NO fees for nonprofit businesses unless the business has more than 20
Employees** at a location account, then all General Business Licensing fees apply, including
the $40 license fee, $12 per employee fee, the $2 per rental unit fee, and the Richland city
late renewal fee ($20 or 10% of total city license fees, whichever is greater).
**Note: The employee count is established after the ‘two free employees’ have been deducted from the gross total.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Once logged in, add My DOR to your list of services, then open My DOR.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click Add License Endorsements/Employees.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Richland general business license*
||$40 plus $2 per rental unit
|Retail and wholesale license
|Vehicles for hire
|Richland employee fee
||$12.00 per full-time equivalent (FTE) employee
|Other fees that may apply
|Richland employee fee (first 2 employees free)
||$12 per employee
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Temporary business licenses must be obtained directly from the City of Richland at 509-942-1104.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Richland